Heaven help me, I'm going to Paris and I don't speak French nor understand it! Leaving from St Pancras Station, you carry your own luggage on board. They do have luggage slots at the front and back of each coach, but I'd been hoping to check mine as I had wanted to check out Platform 9 and 3/4 before I headed off. It wasn't meant to be. The Eurostar - the train to Paris, was quite crowded and I was lucky to have a seat to myself. You do get a fairly decent view of the countryside as you are leaving London and also on coming into Paris. Arriving in Paris it hits you how every other country you've been in looks after us 'foreginers' with dual language signage. Not here, everything is in French, and asking for assistance as politely as possible, only leads to shoulder shrugs, and finger pointing - by way of directions. How I got to my hotel was a miracle in itself. Once there a different 'French' came out. I was looked after as if I wa...
Comments