Open Letter to Telstra/Bigpond

Dear Telstra/Bigpond,

I'm a Computer Tutor for Seniors -a volunteer - at a local Community Centre.

Today as I tried to help a Senior learn about his computer and accessing the Internet and email, I had to contact your Customer Assistance as his email wasn't working.

We were on the phone for over an hour and I must say that whilst your staff were as helpful as they could be, the basic fact that they could not give me the email setting, that was all that was required, was beyond belief!

They had no idea what questions to ask me to assist with the problem and when I asked for the information I required, I was told that I would have to speak with your "Advanced Technical Department" and that there would be an "extra" cost involved!

Seriously Telstra/Bigpond, aren't you making enough money already?
To charge for readily available information that every other ISP gladly provides to their Paying Customers is mind boggling.

To say the whole experience was very frustrating for me, imagine - if you can - just how it would have been for a Senior, new to the world of computers.

My client today was very grateful for the trouble I went to for him. He actually said at one point that if he had made the call himself and been given the same treatment then the computer would have been packed up and taken back to the Telstra shop and demanded his money back.

I did take the time to speak with one of your Supervisors to express my concern with the lack of knowledge your staff are provided with but alas she just didn't get it!

Remember Telstra/Bigpond, we Seniors do have a voice, and we can and will use it. Please train/re-train your staff and honestly the lack if knowledge in this 2015, is just gob smacking, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walk on Cherry Shoes

I have been beading......